I made it a goal a long time ago to retire before my 60th birthday, and so May 2, 2018, was my last shift. I had worked in the petrochemical industry for over 40 years. Its was a good run, but, it was my time to get out! .
There is a time to work, but, also a time to retire. To keep grinding on, when clearly the goal has been accomplished, would seem pointless. Knowing when to get off the treadmill is the key. Running out of health may be a greater risk then running out of wealth. Retirement can be a time to enjoy all of life, losing yourself in the flow... be nobody, with nothing to prove, and less need for gain, you can now relax more, and stress less. In our working years, we are totally consumed with thinking and doing, we are somebody......, in a never ending pursuit of achieving, planning, building, maintaining, and accumulating; forever striving, and never fully arriving. Can it be true that ..."more is less and less is more"???. For me retirement will be a time to simplify, simplify, simplify, and live in the moment as much as possible.
"Now" is really all we have , future is only in our imagination and the past is just memories of what was.
Saturday, May 26, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Recently, I woke up in the middle of the night with a thought on my mind . I wrote it down: "We start life as nothing, a nobody ,...
-
We have all heard the statement 'the heart is the seat of the soul' I am sure . All my life I have been led by my thinking...
-
This is what is written on the amazon write up about this book: 'What would Christianity look like if we weren't afraid to ...
-
I started asking deep questions about life at a very early age . When I was in my early preteen years I was asking, who am I?, and why am ...
-
In this world of impermanence, I ask what is real? We know from modern physics that all physical form is made of energy at the subatom...
-
I had three separate wasp nests under the siding and soffits of our house. There was two types , the common yellow jacket and the mud da...
-
This is an updated post with some added material at the end. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and the acceptance of...
-
You are growing in the rocks! Sounds like a strange statement . Before, you think...Brian has completely lost his mind this time, a...
-
I stood in front of the original Salvador DalĂ Santiago El Grande , one day and I was spellbound with awe. It seemed to have a majesty a...
-
I have noticed lately that I am living more fully, with greater focus on now. I have less concern about past and future. By living in this m...

No comments:
Post a Comment